Monday, September 30, 2013

Welcome to the 31 Day Journey of Parenting Tweens & Teens

Thanks for sharing in my 31 Day Journey of Parenting Tweens and Teens.

For Day 1 scroll down to see!

Here I'll link to each day so you can pop over when they go live!

Day 2 - Straightening Arrows
Day 3 - Resources for Parents of T&T's
Day 4 - A Tween Girl & A Momma's Heart
Day 5 - Weekend Break - Marching Band, Raider Competitions, and all sorts of family stuff!
Day 6 - Weekend Break - Getting those household stuff, cooking, grocery shopping completed! Yes, it had to be done!
Day 7 - Monday Break
Day 8 - Tuesday Break
Day 9 - Getting a Glimpse
Day 10 - Dealing with a picky Eater
Day 11 - Creating an Appetite for Discipline
Day 12 - Creating Margin
Day 13 - Weekend Break
Day 14 - Standing Firm
Day15-21 - Illness struck the Boswell family! Yuck..finally recovering! Thanks for your understanding!

Day 21 - How 2Build Stronger Marriages for our Kids


DAY 1

Here we go!
31 Day Journey of Parenting Tweens and Teens!

Your Parent Card


I really thought it would be great to share about the season of life that I'm in right now. Smack dab in the middle of parenting a Teenager and a Tween-ager or Tween-er (if there is such a word, my spell check doesn't like it). I'll caveat this with the fact that we have one out of the nest who is married and they have a sweet little girl of their own. We are a blended family, two boys first and then a girl. They are all about seven years apart and I haven't yet figured out if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Here is just a few things I've learned:

1. Parenting is hard work.
2. Nobody tells you how hard it will be.
3. Parenting is hard work.
4. You don't have to dread these years.
5. Parenting is hard work.

If you are anywhere on the parenting spectrum, I'm sure by now you have figured out 1, 3, and 5. I hope that you will journey along with me as I share how parenting has changed me in ways I have yet to fully grasp. It is only by the GRACE of GOD that I can journey into these areas with my children with confidence.

I'll share some helpful resources, and journey through some helpful ideas. I was sharing with a friend whose children are much younger and told me she wasn't ready for this season. I replied, "Neither am I!" I don't know if you're ever ready, it just sort of sneaks up on you and you face it day by day. Puberty, relationships, school, sports, sharing what God's best for their life might look like and the most important, and I say this with a conviction from the very deepest part of my soul, that Jesus becomes so real to them they, without a shadow of a doubt realize the call on their life and decide to wholeheartedly follow Jesus. The other stuff, is just icing on the cake!

It's called the PARENT CARD. From here on out, each of you, are getting your Parent Card back. If you are in a space or place where you feel defeated, run over by the culture of our world, fear not! It is ok to be the parent. Do not be their friend. You'll have plenty of time for that later. They need a parent TODAY! We must equip and prepare ourselves for this journey.

2 Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work." (NLT)

I'm so excited to share with you some hard stuff and some great stuff! Come along for the journey and I would love to hear where you are in your season of parenting!

Sherry

For more blogs check out The Nester.




1 comment:

  1. This is so great Sherry! Love how you are encouraging us with truth. Parenting IS hard but so rewarding. Praying you are blessed and refreshed as you share your heart these 31 days. Blessings, Kristin

    ReplyDelete