Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 3 - Great Resources for Parents of Teens & Tweens

As someone who rarely takes a break from technology and most recently finished up being a full time student for over two years, I find it hard to sift through the myriad of resources for parents who are transitioning from the toddler and young elementary years to those of T&T's. I'm not sure if for some reason no one wants to talk about these tricky years or somehow think it will go away and your child will somehow wake up at 18, ready and raring to be the ideal productive citizen with very little intervention from you.

I thought I would share the highlight reel of my favorite go to resources for parenting a tween and teenager.

The Bible! Yes, this is my go to parenting guidebook. When I feel defeated or need guidance, His word speaks clearer than anything about raising children. Seeking wisdom is paramount. Provers 4:1-9 speaks of seeking wisdom, teaching our children to seek wisdom and encourage the next generation to seek God's wisdom above all else.

A great book out this year by Ken Blanchard, Phil Hodges and Tricia Goyer called Lead Your Family Like Jesus is a great book. I have Blanchard/Hodges Lead Like Jesus leadership book and is a constant resource for me.



Focus on the Family
If you don't already know about this FREE site full of FREE resources, you are missing out. I go to it for marriage, parenting, kids and all sorts of fun and exciting material. They offer a free magazine called Thriving Family that you can also get in digital form.




Plugged In
This media review section of Focus on the Family constantly has updates for the latest movies, TV, books, video games and much more. They are definitely worth checking out!



These are just a few of my favorites. I hope you check them out. I'll try to share more throughout the 31 Day's Journey of Parenting Tweens & Teens!

Are there any resources you could share with me? I'd love to hear from you!

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment