Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pumpkin Banana Paleo Muffins

I do love trying new recipes, especially when I realize I have everything in the pantry for said recipe! I found this awesome muffin recipe and because I have a few friends who are gluten free and I'm sorta lactose intolerant, this muffin satisfies both. I also always look for easy muffins to throw together when the Girls come over for Coffee and Conversation! This one really tasted great and with Fall hopefully on its way...its all about the PUMPKIN baby!!! Off we go!

I gathered all the necessary ingredients. Although, you see applesauce in the picture, I didn't end up using it. The recipe was sweet enough with honey and stevia.

I mixed all the dry ingredients first, just to get out any lumps and then started in with the wet items.

Once mixed, scoop into a lightly greased muffin tin and top with chopped almonds or walnuts (your choice).

 

Bake for about 20-25 min in a 350 degree oven and Boom!

They looked wet at first, but these are a very moist muffin with good texture, for a mix that uses only almond flour.

These are definitely going on the "What to make when the Girls come over for coffee" mornings!

 

Pumpkin Banana Paleo Muffins

(adapted from fitcupcaker.com)

  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin
  • 1 mashed banana
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • 1/2 tsp stevia (I used 2 small packs)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk. Place all wet ingredients into the dry and mix gently until combined. Spray muffin tins and use a regular scoop to fill each individual muffins. Top with chopped almonds or walnuts. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!

 

2 comments:

  1. These look Wonderful!! You always find the best recpies :) and you are a great baker =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awful recipe. I baked them for an hour and they were nothing but mush. I had to take them out and add a lot more flour to make them even remotely the consistency of muffins. The flour to banana/pumpkin ratio is way off.

    ReplyDelete