Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 25-31 Days of Health-Discipline



I came across this sticker--and truly laughed! Are you serious---I don't love discipline. It is hard to get, hard to learn, hard to keep, hard, harD, haRD, hARD, HARD!

One of the themes that God keeps bringing me back to is Discipline. Becoming a woman of discipline seems to filter through whatever I'm reading, whomever I'm chatting with and what I seem to be studying. It causes the goose-pimples on my arm to come to attention....it seems to be everywhere. Do you find this word constantly creeping into your world?

God loves us so much and desires full devotion in every area. When we are truly real with ourselves, you know, in those moments that God is speaking right to the very core of your being, we realize just how much we are lacking discipline in our lives.

Let's break it down into a few areas.

Time: Do you take advantage of your time? Do you use it or waste it?

Money: Do you use the resources God has given you to the fullest? Do you use it wisely or spend foolishly?

Relationships: Are you intentional with those persons God has placed in your path? Do you lower your relationship walls in order to let others in? Do you seek God daily-investing in the most important relationship of all?

Physical: Do you pay attention to what you put into your body? Do you fully realize it is a temple given unto us from our Creator? Do we take care our health or do we foolishly think our good health is everlasting?

Discipline is hard. Anything worth having is hard. The more I study and follow Christ-the more I understand that apart from Christ-I am nothing-I can do nothing-I can't have discipline without HIM!

Amazingly-I don't have to be. I know that with Christ--I can be disciplined in all these areas. I can ask for His help and I can continue to lean upon His guidance in all these areas.

Daily, I am dying to my flesh; who wants to keep me from being disciplined. Daily, I remind myself that God is bigger than my flesh. Daily, I can call upon the Lord for his mercy and grace.

Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.

“I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me. (John 17:17-21,NIV)


Jesus knows that discipline is good for us. Is there an area of your life that you have failed to let God have, because you know He will ask you to be more disciplined in this area? I do. I struggle...then I beat myself up over it.

Today is a new day. Keep God the focus, pray about these areas and ask God to show you how to be more disciplined.

Be blessed-Less Stressed-and repeat after me---I heart Discipline!

No comments:

Post a Comment