Thursday, January 6, 2011

What is your Plan of Action?

Well there is no denying 2011 is here. Will you let it go by without a plan? Will you AGAIN pick up where you left off this time last year? Will you have grand ideas, some heartfelt energy toward a goal? What do you WANT 2011 to look like? Where to you want your(circle one or more)family) (finances) (school) (health) to be at the end of this year? Only YOU have the power to change each of these. How do you do that.....you develop a plan of action. Then you GO OUT AND GET TO IT!

This really will be a pivitol year for me. I say WILL, not hope, not if, not when! WILL be a pivitol year because I have a plan of action. I've decided to set the bar high this year. I'm returning to finish my bachelor degree which I've been wanting to do for a while now. I stopped about 5-6 years ago when I had my second child. There are a line of excuses that I could give you but none of them are really worth mulling over. However, I'm not returning to the degree I was pursing. Which will take me a little longer to finish but I'm determined to stay in there and get'er done...so to speak. Plans are great. But plans on paper don't get the job done. You'll only see success when you place effort behind those plans. It seems to me that even when I speak to others who are having tough time, it really all comes down to "what's your plan?" Most of the time, they don't have one. Or they just have grandious ideas of "when I get the money" or "when I have the time" or this one "when life slows up a bit I'll get on that." They have sometimes set aside those plans, diverting their attention away from it for a bit and it continued to fade into oblivion, never to be seen again.

A famous person once said (someone I don't have time to look up and officially cite) if you don't plan, you plan to fail. That about sums it up folks.

Even our Heavenly Father knows about plans.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version, ©2010)
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future


My blog will be getting a makeover in the coming weeks as well as what the content will be. I'm still working on the final plan of action. I'm looking foward to seeing how YOU work out your plan of action for your life in 2011. Come along for the journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment