Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December excitement....

It's the month when I begin my lists.  Lists of things I want to accomplish this month.  I'm still trying to get all the decorations up and the house ready for the big day.  The kids are having so much fun this year helping with the decorating. 

I'm actually finding myself less stressed this year.  One of my fellow bloggers mentioned trying 30 days of kindness.  I started praying and looking for ways to show kindness.  One day I was at the store and saw the lady in front of me who was somewhat disabled and I chose to help her get the groceries into her cart.   Another day I just held open a door for someone with a heavy armful of packages.  These weren't big acts of kindness, but they were intentional.  We've also decided as a family to buy gifts for some Angels from an angel tree.  My 30 days aren't up yet, there are 18 left and I'm excited to see what other opportunities are waiting for me.

I'm getting excited to do some Christmas baking.  I've decided that I'm going to make some cinnamon rolls from one of my new favorite bloggers The Pioneer Woman  I really want her new cookbook.  I'll make some old favorites, like pizzelles, sugar cookies, pecan snowballs, and a new recipe from my best friends sister called Chocolate meatballs. 

I've still have to shop for a few things, get some items in the mail to family, but overall very happy that this Christmas Season is shaping up to reflect, rejuvenate and renew my spirit.  I have so much to be thankful for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment