Thursday, May 21, 2009

Learning to be Beautiful

Wow! Today's small group was just great. I love getting together and just sharing what God is doing in our lives and how learning more about him opens up my soul like nothing else can. These women are my heroes. They face the same crazy world that I do everyday. It gets messy, and downright hard. I'm glad to have them by my side. We prayed, we cried, we loved on each other.

We had an interview exercise where each person had to ask another several questions. All the answers were just amazing. I've known some of these women for a while but manage to find out something new. I also found out that no matter how much we've gotten messy with life in the past we still have a beautiful story to tell. We've all made mistakes and if there was a time machine that could take us back to a time and place I bet we would have made some better choices. But we can't continue to beat ourselves up about it. We need to confess it and let go. God already knows our sin and is ready to forgive us if we would only ask Him.

I still struggle with letting go of some of my past mistakes. I also know that each day I have to make my relationship with the Father a top priority. I also need to be more kind to myself. God is creating a beautiful masterpiece inside of me......I can say it...now I need to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment