Friday, August 15, 2008

I haven't won the battle, but still in the fight!

Yes, it's Friday and I've decided that I should post after Mondays most depressing blog entry. I did however make a valiant attempt at slaying the bathroom scale. However, just when I thought I was on a roll: Monday was a walk for 30 intense workout with Jillian M. from the biggest loser (kicked my tush) and then walking later that evening for 4+ miles at an intense pace. Then Tuesday made huge progress in my garage as I spent hours sweating as I moved, swept, dusted, hauled junk out by the wagon loads. I knew I had to be burning some major calories. Then it hit me...a cold, felt bad, chest heavy, head stuffy and throat sore. Spent the night with NyQuil and still woke up with a bad head cold. However, on Thursday it seemed to give way to new energy and was feeling much better and went for another 4 mile walk and lots of house cleaning. However, despite my best efforts the scale moved only 1lb.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.Hebrews 12:1-3


I am renewed though despite these somewhat disparaging results. This is because I have faith that if I continue my efforts it will eventually happen. I didn't get into this mess overnight nor will I get over it in a week. God has shown me this week that he doesn't fix things overnight either. It is by consistent faith and belief that we tarry through the events of our lives. I have to trust that He knows me better than I know myself and learn through my mistakes to become more like him. I don't have all the answers, but I'm glad I know the guy that does. I admired a friends necklace this week...a beautiful sand dollar in silver...really nice. I said "I love your necklace." She said that a friend had given it to her and it represented "Hope". She said that she really needed more "Hope" in her life. I merely said, without even hesitating, "I know a man that has it all."

1 Corinthians 9:24-25
24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

Hope is something that we can lose along the journey, but faith in Jesus Christ helps us get it back. My hope is renewed because He lives in my heart and reminds me everyday that he loves me....all 150+lbs and all. I haven't won the battle, but I still have plenty of fight left in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment