Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fresh Start Day 1 of 30

For the past week or so I've been reading a friends blog and about her 30 day challenge. I've been psyching myself up for it because I know I need a little more exercise (and motivation) in my life and need to loose a few of those extra pounds that have crept up on me. You can read it all over at Beauty and Bedlam. (her link is on my blog list) The first 2 days I attempted to do my 20 minutes a day I found myself crammed with life situations. You know what I'm talking about. Waking up and knowing exactly how your day is going to go and nothing, simply nothing works out the way you planned. It's the story of my life!

Good news. I did my 20 minutes today. I recently purchased a Jillian M. video thinking I would get around to do her 40 minute workout at least 3 times a week at home while still attempting to make it to the gym 3 times a week. In my mind I'm thinking I'll get my metabolism going one way or another. Today, was my day 1. I talked myself out of my flip flops and into my sneakers and put her dvd in the player and began my 25 minutes of torture. How is it that it takes so long to really get in good shape, but it takes only a few days to get out of shape? I can tell this is going to push me (or kill me).

I couldn't do the whole 40 minutes but I did get a good 20+ mins of circut cardio done while my dog Murphy watched from the back porch. I think he was laughing in dog non verbals. I did it! Then as I sat on the couch panting for my breath hoping I wouldn't pass out I decided to flip through the channels and stopped to watch the new Martha Stewart this week. Just so happened she was taking about juicing and there was my juicer on t.v. I think it was a sign from my heavenly father!! I truly believe there is no true coincidences, just divine intervention! Thank you LORD!


Mine is currently on the top shelf of my pantry, quite dusty. I used it a lot in the beginning because I got such a good deal on it at the store I just couldn't pass it up. I've had it for about 2 years now. I decided that I had some fruit that was a little over ripe and I would make myself a healthy juice drink.

Here's how I made my Healthy Homemade Juice.
I used
3 nectarines
1 Lemon (most of the rind removed)
3 Oranges (rind removed)
10 baby carrots
1/2 med. cucumber
3 stalks of celery (with stems)










It all went into the juicer and whaala........Yummy Juice that made me feel almost giddy with energy. Real, whole, good for you food should always make you feel energetic instead of lethargic and run down. What a way to use fruit that may be past it's prime. This is also a great way to get lots of veggies into your diet. Your body also absorbs so much more of the vitamins and minerals when it is in this state. With the start of cold and flu season juicing can be an great way to help keep your immune system up. I'm not putting the juicer in the pantry for a while. I forget how much I love it!!!!



It is kinda of exciting to think about the next 30 days. I still have a few things I need to do, like take a real, no kidding body shot photo for my before and after. Measure and tape all the parts of my body. My goal is to do at least 20 minutes of exercise each day for 30 days. Eat healthy, get plenty of rest and stop making excuses. I read once on a friends blog who was cutting out sugar from her diet and she mentioned that her own will power was not enough. She told herself that she wanted Jesus much more than she wanted sugar. What a huge motivator, right? Have you ever started something with high energy only to fall flat after a few days, weeks or months? If I am truly honest with myself I can put several things on that list. Please be praying for my efforts over the next 30 days and see if you would like to join in my journey. I'd love to hear what you can do for 30 days to be a little healthier.

Also, if you have a great juicer recipe.........please pass it along!

Sherry
BTW the sticker on my jucier says "Juices Whole Apples". Your right, it can juice a whole apple, I've done it and it tastes simply delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment