Thursday, September 24, 2009

You Gotta Show a Little Love

Love has been on my mind today.  Did you know that Love is often a choice instead of a feeling?  Have you ever felt a time when some one hurt your feelings or a situation occurred where you were wronged?  It's hard to show love in those situations.

It is also hard to choose love.  See, there are days in which I choose love even though I don't feel loved.    I don't feel like cleaning house, making dinner, grocery shopping or you just add your own title to it.   But I choose to do these things because I choose to love my family.  I know that by doing these things I'm choosing love. 

Yesterday our communication got crossed.  It often happens, however I was looking at the clock and it was time to go pick up our son from the bus stop about 5 miles away.  Normally my hubby picks him up on his way home from work, since it is on the way.  I hadn't heard from him so I get ready and pile me and my daughter into the car quickly enough and get on the road.  I figured I should call him just in case he happened to be on his way.  The conversation was short, I stated I was on the road and he said something about forgetting but that he could pick him up.  Again, I said I'm already on the road, I'll just see you at home.  I'm still assuming I have to go pick my son up.  As I drove down the final part of the road in front of the school, who do you think is parked in the parking lot?  You guessed it, my hubby.  What about this conversation did you not understand?  I just made a u-turn and was quite frustrated.  When he arrived home I was really ready to let him have it. 

Ladies there are few times during the course of 30 days that I'm not myself.  Literally I have to keep my mouth shut and tame my on the edge of erupting emotions every few minutes.  This was one of those days.  My husband walked in and started apologizing immediately.  In the back of my mind I was thinking, "I'm upset and I'm going to let you know about it."  However, he was showing me love. In that moment I chose love over anger.  Showing love when we don't want to takes strength.  It is by God's grace that I can show love to those that I don't really want to. 

There are times when my kids don't show me love but I know that I have to lead by example and show them love even when they don't deserve it.  Today I'm choosing love.  I choose to show my family love by making sure they have a happy home. 

If you are struggling today with showing love, just remember God choose us because he loved us.

John 3:16 For God so LOVED the world that he GAVE his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him will not perish, but have everlasting LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment