Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Red-Pepper Tomato Soup w/ Cheese-n-Bean Quesadillas

I'm so loving one of my favorite bloggers Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam who does this cool thing called "Tasty Tuesday".  I've been wanting to post for a while and finally said today is the day.

Her tribute today is to SOUPS and boy I love me some soup with Ritz crakers.  This one is one of the quickest and easiest.  Ladies, I know it's not home-made but I add my own touches so that it really makes a wholesome meal.  This is great "meal-n-minutes" when you find yourself strapped for time in the evening. 

Tomato-Red Pepper Soup w/ Cheese-n-Bean Quesadillas
Soup
1 box of ready made Organic Tomato Soup (I like Pacific North brand)
1 small box V8 Red-pepper Soup
(the combination is yummy!)

Mix both soups together in saucepan, add a little water to loosen soup and let simmer over low heat until slightly boiling and heated through.

Cheese-n-Bean Quesadillas
1 can black beans (or use the mexi-corn bean blend)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
10 whole-grain or plain small tortillas
1tsp Chili powder

Heat skillet to med/high heat.  Drain can of black beans and rinse throughly.  Mix in cheddar cheese and chili powder.  Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray.  Place 1 tortilla in pan and place 1/4 cup of mixture on top.  Place 2nd tortilla on top and spray lightly with cooking spray.  Wait till toasty and FLIP. 

Serving Suggestions
Ladle soup in bowls.  Cut tortillas into quarters and serve along side with salsa.  (I like to dip them in the soup!)  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. that combination does sound really great -- especially with the quesadillas. I love black bean quesadillas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have thought about that combination! Sounds lovely!

    Jes
    http://findingtrueserenity.wordpress.com/2009/09/27/homemade-pineapple-zucchini-bread/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum - you jumped on the soup bandwagon. I'm getting so many great recipes. :) Thanks for linking up to Tasty Tuesday. :) Glad you said today is the day.
    fun browsing your site.

    ReplyDelete