Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blog and Life Under Construction

Yes, my blog seems to be changing every 5 minutes. I'm trying my best to update and make it look much more professional. Tabs across the top, fancy artwork, cool template. However, I'm finding that as I sort through all of the trillions of websites devoted to "sprucing up" your blog my mind is mush. I thought somehow I could figure out how to make it look like all those fancy blogs I've been visiting. I mean how hard can it be? I'm no savy computer whiz, but I can hold my own troubleshooting an occassional glitch. I am still trying many of the options and suggestions that I've come across. Some good, some very not so good...some are totally messing up my blog. ughhh

Of course, I'm starting to figure out that maybe I should just spend the money and have someone make it look the way I want. However, I still want the knowledge to know how to do it myself. It sounds more like a two-year old wanting their independence. We'll mine is six and now she just goes and does it...mess and all! I digress....but I've always wanted to know the "why" or the "what" of things.

There have been times in my life where I didn't know the "why" the "what" of things. However, I know that God desires us to seek Him not matter what. Even when I don't understand it all. If I want to know the "why" or the "what" of my life choices, all I have to do is pick up His word and He speaks to me. My husband and I really try hard not to make decisions without first praying and asking God for wisdom. Thankfully, God has made it so easy for us to seek Him. We can seek him through prayer, in His word, or in His creations. He creates within us a desire to seek Him. I am so guilty of spending more time seeking the knowledge of this world instead of seeking the knowledge of my Lord and Savior.

Solomon knew the value of knowledge. In 2 Chronicles 1:11 God said to Solomon, "Since this is your heart's desire and you have not asked for wealth, riches or honor, nor for the death of your enemies, and since you have not asked for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king. Solomon went on to be the mightiest king in the bible. God blessed him for seeking wisdom above all else.

Reflections:
Has there ever been a time when you were seeking your own agenda? Can you think back to when you ran toward something other than God? Can you decide today that you will look to God first before making important decisions?

Prayer:
Lord, may I always be found seeking the knowledge of you. To know you more and to seek wisdom from you in all my situations. Help me to run towards you each day and to help me to shine your light through my life. May I always seek to glorify you through my life.

If you feel like me on most days, I feel that my life is always under construction. Picking up the pieces of broken feelings, past mistakes and lack of discipline and always concerned about deadlines. But I rest assured in the knowledge that God is still creating my story. What's he creating in you? I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment