Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's a week to Remember.

Well, we received a call from Travis late last nite that "Recruit Boswell has arrived safely to Parris Island, SC. Do not send food or bulky items and I will be in contact again within 7 to 10 days." That was it. He is safe and probably getting yelled at, as I type. But, it reminds me that he will celebrate the 4th of July as a member of the Armed Services. Carlray and I have both served and are serving and always think of our good friends we have made over the years traveling around the world. Some are still serving, and some right now are over in the Middle East in harms way. My friend is serving while her two children are staying with her mother in Maine. She is a single parent and has been deployed for almost 5 months. These are the sacrifices that veterans make. There have been many months that Carlray has spent away from us. He was not there for many birthday's, anniversaries and holidays. However, we all do it for one common purpose, Freedom. When I put on my uniform, I am proud to serve my country. I don't always agree with what goes on in politics but I know that I serve for those who can't. I serve for those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. We often complain about how bad things are, gas prices, the economy, and even the threat of terrorism. However, we live in a GREAT country. I am so thankful to have been born in America. I feel safe. I have food. I have shelter and I have family. God is still in control.

If you think about it during your busy plans this week. Take time to thank a service member. Take time to pray for our military who are away from their family, whether in a foreign country or those who work many hours here. Pray that our country will turn to God for their decisions. When you see a flag this week, remember our country and the men and women who have served, those who are serving and those who have just begun to serve. There are six codes of conduct that service men and women must take an oath to abide by. The first one is so powerful.

Article 1, Code of Conduct
I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

Many Christians like Paul, gave their life for what they believed in. Would we be willing to do the same? It's a tall order!

Happy 4th of July, America! A great big THANK YOU to all of our veterans and members of the Armed Forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment