Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Freshly Brewed

Isn't it amazing how good a fresh cup of coffee smells? The sweet aroma wafts from the pretty cup picked out especially for today! You feel a wave of joy and peace rush across your body and you breathe in deeply.....wait for it....this is right when you realize that you forgot to make the kids lunches, take the dog outside, wake the kids up and forgot to put the clothes from the washer that you thought you would remember before you went to bed in the dryer!!!! I'm sure this never happens to you. But as I'm settling in to the school routine again I find myself somewhat aloof to all those details I need to remember.

If you are even a little like me and might start to go down the road of condemnation and a little bit of guilt creeps into your heart, take those thoughts captive and remind yourself of God's promises. In Lamentations 3:22-24, we are reminded God's love never ends, and his mercies never cease! His mercies begin afresh every morning....just like your freshly brewed cup of coffee. Each day, through Jesus Christ we are being made new. (Shout in your best southern gospel voice, Hallelujah, thank you Jesus!!)

You are so precious, sweet friend. I love how The Message translates Isaiah 43:1-4, "Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine. When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end, because I am your personal God...I paid a huge price for you...I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, I'd trade the creation for you!"

I'm so glad I get a new start each day! There are so many days in which I feel like I need a do-over! Do you? I found this saying from Robert Lewis Stevenson recently and I recite it on those do-over days....Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant!

Now, go plant some seeds, I'll be over here making another Freshly Brewed cup of coffee!

I'd love to hear how you start your days and any tips you have to keep your family running smoothly!!

Sherry

 

1 comment: