Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wed Devotional-Mirror Mirror on the Wall...

Who's the fairest of them all? Psalm 139: 13-16.

I remember when I was pregnant with my second child. It was so much better. I had time to enjoy and really think about what was actually happening inside of me. The verse "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb" made me feel the awe and wonder of my Savior. He knew me before I ever took a breath or before I ever saw a sunrise. I often tell my children (when I'm not in fast-forward mode) that they are fearfully and wonderfully made by God.

I think that I forget how special I am to the Father. He even knows each hair on my head. He wants me to know how beautiful I am in his eyes and not place my faith in what I see in the mirror. Beauty comes and fades away, but God's word last forever.

I lived in Germany for almost 3 years and truly felt it was God's canvas. There were storybook scenes around every bend and every hillside. When I gazed upon the beautiful mountains in Austria and across the Ebsee Lake, I remember just breathing in. I was fully aware that God was present and how blessed I was that He made this, all of this beauty for me. I was so happy that he had brought me to that place. I've realized to breathe a little more often. When I cross the inter coastal water ways, when I get to see a sunrise, or when the suns rays poke through the clouds in the early morning, I am fully aware that I am in the palm of his hands. When I'm blessed to see such beauty.....I think to myself...God are you smiling at me? Lord, thank you for your beauty, help me to see the beauty your making inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment